DX  » Community » Reviews » Genuine KingMax 200X Hi-Speed Compact Flash CF Memory Card (8GB)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
7,4 gig, it's speedy and cheap. – Genuine KingMax 200X Hi-Speed Compact Flash CF Memory Card (8GB) Reviews

posted by stevegek on 10/06/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The testing of Dealextreme's 8GB 133X KingMax CF card.
Okay it SAYS 7.43 G so it's allmost 8 gig...
Let's now save files which are 701 mb to the card. Vista says the saving speed is about 6.5mb per second. Sometimes it hits 7 and at some point I had 8 but 6.5 is very constant.
It now holds 6.84 GB (7,351,971,840 bytes) perfectly.
I saved all my files as 1.avi, 2.avi up to 10.avi in order of transfer. I just copied 10.avi (the last file) back to a different pc and the movie plays flawless.
With my Canon EOS 5D I can click away 22 pictures with about 3 pics per second, before it has to stop saving away the buffer (takes not too much time, couple of seconds really)
Price is good and sharp too. I can get them for about these prices in the Netherlands too, but not at the stores. There they ARE more expensive. So the price is very good.
Cons:
People might expect 8 gig and get confused when it's *only* 7.43
Other:
No card holder included, but on the other hand you can get those for like 50 cents? Most other companies DO include these.. I never use them somehow.
Bottomline:
Bottomline:
Capacity: 7.43 gig. And NOT a hacked 2 or 1 gig.
Save speed through USB 2.0 card reader a stable average of 6.5 mb/s (not lower sometimes higher)
Great price.
Get them, now.... why are you still reading this? Get it....! Thanks DX!!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections