View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Very useful small USB 2.0 Adapter – SATA to USB 2.0 Adapter with AC Supply Kit Reviews

posted by StruntoBin on 06/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Works very good and stable. There are no detected problems with big sized HDD (I tested with 1 TB). The speed transfer is good. The size is small.
Cons:
As negative point I can say only one thing - When the adapter is connected to HDD, the leds are located on bottom (upside down) if HDD normally positioned.
Other:
Comparing to the other models this one has optimized set of cables. The DC adapter comes with Molex type of power connector. The adapter has the same input. So if you have HDD with Molex power you can connect power supply direct to the HDD. If you are using the new type of SATA HDD, where power is only via SATA power connector, there is no probelm. You just connect power supply to the adapter and everything is OK.
Bottomline:
Very useful tool for data transfer between HDDs. Very useful if you want to use regular HDD for backup solution. I prefer to use regular, not external HDD in that case, so for me this adapter is the best solution.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections