DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C2 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Shell/Casing Complete Set with Driver Pill (1*18650/2*CR123A)
Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:252 (25%)
  • 4 Star:756 (75%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great DIY host

posted by David18 on 07/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I used this host for an XM-L T6 emitter (SKU 50599) and a Nanjg 105C 2.8A driver from elsewhere. The flood and throw with this combination is outstanding. The host has excellent heat sinking as the body gets very hot - even too hot to touch. The threads are...
    Cons:
    The battery compartment is a little too short for protected 18650 cells. This is partly due to the intrusion of the thick 105C ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Would be good with all parts

posted by hatallica on 03/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    One of the few DIY host options available. The parts thread together smoothly and the finish is pretty decent.
    Cons:
    The pictures show the brass ring used to keep the driver board in place, but it is not delivered. This is a big, annoying prob...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good DIY Host!

posted by tudde on 01/10/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Nice looking flashlight without scratches and such. Threads have good tolerances everywhere. Good host for XM-L.
    Cons:
    Misses the brass ring to hold driver in place, the threads are there but the ring is missing. Not sure if i could have used the...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good DIY flashlight

posted by Patrik28 on 11/19/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Excellent appearance/quality (so far the best of my three earlier C2 models) - Threads + fittings are in quite good tolerance (only the pill rattled a little) - Can be customized with 14 mm silicone caps, SKU: 5498 - Included almost every part but...
    Cons:
    ... The pill arrived without the brass-ring. You have to find or lathe the ring by yourself to fit a driver-pcb. Therefore two ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Tactical replacement Shell

posted by Gunther45 on 07/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Basically got this shell because Sku# 36357 has a male end cap. So cant find a pressure switch for it. Reflector is larger. Sku#36357 inners in this baby is BRUTAL!
    Cons:
    Not any really. Still can't find any of my pressure switches that will fit this but could be lousy threads. I have to look thro...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great host, very versatile

posted by chrisandhiace on 04/03/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great host...relatively small and lightweight...good price...everything you need except the led and driver. The reflector gives a good wide flood, but also projects very well. Its xr-e /mc-e sized...but an xp-g works well in it and it could be drilled out...
    Cons:
    The threading on the bezel looks fine...but it takes a few tries to thread it back on once removed...a bit fiddly. Spare pills...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice for the price

posted by ecotack on 11/03/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The threads where smooth, o-rings in place, pulls apart very easy. Nice size, weight and construction.
    Cons:
    The only grumble I have is that the lens and reflector are held in place by pressure from the LED. Presumably that's why there...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Looks different but better!

posted by keziaf on 12/08/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The one that I received looked different (but better) than the original C2 that I already own! The clicky switch was more sturdy than the one on my previous C2. I found it cheaper to buy this kit and use the parts from it on my previous C2's, than it was to...
    Cons:
    Mine came without a lens :-(
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections