DX  » Community » Reviews » 5000mAh Replacement Lithium Battery Pack for Apple Macbook 13" (A1185) Laptops
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
My macbook has a new lease on life. – 5000mAh Replacement Lithium Battery Pack for Apple Macbook 13" (A1185) Laptops Reviews

posted by hflink on 01/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-Price is a fraction of a retail apple battery -Goes right in the slot like the original -Has the diagnostic leds -I get about 4h of "idle" life (with wlan) with it, which is nice. Reports 5000mah of capaticy. -the hardware seems to be 100% compatible and the macbook seems to be recognizing everything right.
Cons:
-slightly different color than in the laptop -the "paw" is hard plastic, instead of soft plastic like the other 3 paws in the laptop. -the adhesive used on the protective plastic film is really hard to remove. I still have remains of it in the battery.
Other:
This product made me really happy and satisfied. I was in the situation, where my old battery had died completely. The cost of a retail Apple battery is just robbery to the point of where I started to think of getting a new laptop since it would be cheaper. This would of been a shame, since my old macbook works just fine. Then again a macbook with magsafe power cord and a dead battery is a pain. You can't really move the computer without it shutting down due to the connector falling off.
Bottomline:
If you want a working battery for your macbook and don't want to get poor while getting one, this is the one to get.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections