DX  » Community » Reviews » HOTSION HOT-V9 5200mAh 3G Wireless WiFi Hotspot Router Portable Power Bank - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Very useful portable router – HOTSION HOT-V9 5200mAh 3G Wireless WiFi Hotspot Router Portable Power Bank - White Reviews

posted by CiccioSai on 06/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
It works very well, I find it extremely useful and simple to use. Actually I tested the following features: Storage: this work very well with my 32GB SDHC formatted NTFS, it's able to read & write also by samba share (not documented) WiFi Repeater: very simple to configure, just scan for network and connect to it. Ethernet Router: That's Incredible! Just connect an Ethernet cable and it switch automatically to correct mode disabling DHCP server AP Mode: It's possible to configure many security options, the software is better than other low cost access point Power bank: the duration is very long, after a full charge it works in wifi repeater mode for three days
Cons:
My 3G modem Onda MT503HSA is not supported. APN list for Italy Mobile operators are not included, but it's easy to configure them manually
Other:
The device firmware is upgradable but I wasn't able to find a support site with firmware updates My firmware version is V9.04-2012Jun28205932
Bottomline:
I'm very satisfied with this device, it solved my problem to get a quick network test on my job activities

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections