DX  » Community » Reviews » New-608 Cree XM-L T6 800lm 1-Mode White Light Diving Flashlight - Fluorescent Green (1 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Compact, BRIGHT, inexpensive dive light – New-608 Cree XM-L T6 800lm 1-Mode White Light Diving Flashlight - Fluorescent Green (1 x 18650) Reviews

posted by Raftingtigger on 12/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Very bright, very small, easy to use light for a great price. I have mine mounted on my GoPro tray with a piece of translucent plastic over the lens as a diffuser. Mounted on a Loc Line arm it is very easy to turn on/off even with heavy gloves. I've pressure tested it to 100' with no problems.
Cons:
Single 18650 battery so the run time is limited. But shouldn't be a real problem. I won't be running it on the whole dive - and my dives rarely exceed 1 hour.
Other:
I bought this as a lark (for $16 how could I go wrong) and mounted it on my GoPro tray as a stand in for the light I was building. I like it so much where it is that unless the run time is really short it will stay there and my project light will find a different use. Given that the case is plastic and the LED is running a lot of power I would be careful in using this above water too long.
Bottomline:
Fantastic light for the price.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections