DX  » Community » Reviews » Philips HQ130 Dual Action Electric Dry Shaver for Travellers (2*AA Battery Powered)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Good for on-the-go, not the closest shave – Philips HQ130 Dual Action Electric Dry Shaver for Travellers (2*AA Battery Powered) Reviews

posted by himynameisbunny on 05/20/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
+ Original Chinese retail Philips shaver. Brilliant build quality as a result
+ Very compact, fits in the small zippered pocket of my STM Scout 13" bag with plenty of space left
+ Runs off AA's, so easy to replace batteries if you're out and have no charger for your AA's
+ Brilliant to use in the car on the way to work
+ Has a plastic cover for the blade-things, but...
Cons:
- ...it falls off waaaaay too easy. No point in having it on
- Box says it will only last 1hr worth of shaving. Of course, buy higher capacity AA's and this may not be a problem...
- Not the closest shave. Leaves rogue whiskers behind quite often. If you want a nice clean shave you have to spend a little more time on it
Other:
~ I realise this would make it far less compact, but I wish DX offered a 3-blade model. I have a corded one for the bathroom (same brand, Philips) and the shave generally is a touch closer as a result
~ If you use this in public transport or in public (other than your car) I'm sure you'll get some strange glances
~ Could offer one that you could plug a Figure 8 IEC plug up to it to charge the AA's. Picky, I know
Bottomline:
= Good for the car/train/bus on your way to work
= Fits in compact spaces
= Takes standard sized batteries
= Could be improved on
= So damn handy, so 5 stars

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections