DX  » Community » Reviews » Cree XM-L T6 868lm 3-Mode White Light Headlamp - Black (2 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent for the price – Cree XM-L T6 868lm 3-Mode White Light Headlamp - Black (2 x 18650) Reviews

posted by crossovsky on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good design, quality materials, full equipment - use out of the box. Good time work.
Cons:
Poor thermal interface LEDs - needs tweaking, falls off plug sockets charge (treated with a drop of glue), voltage drop of 0.3 V to the wire. ?harge control in the lamp is not, the termination charge is looking adapter that gives some reason no load 4.55 V, which is not good - can not be left unattended but, use correct external charger.
Other:
LED transplanted at 2 screws on thermal grease. Driver line, the battery - parallell. Smooth reflector, the beam is narrow, flat spot in the center, with a clear boundary, stands out from the Backlight Light is not strong. Until declared on DX 868lm far, on site to the photo of the box easy to read "350lm" :D Construction: in the head LED and button, three-core twisted wire to bat. box, the controller in it. Current: Hi - 1.5A., Lo - 0.3A. On the wire voltage drop. 0.3 V. I do not know whether it makes sense to change, it shall be flexible and soft. For wires from the battery to the controller board - falling 0.1 V., easy fix. In board - two chip SO8, one labeled CX2812 - controller, a second - MEM2309 - seems mosfet. Mode is stored - after replacing the batteries last is.
Bottomline:
For all the shortcomings of bad light, it is worth to buy. Buy him a good charge to 18650, and you will be happy.Sorry for my English, I use Google translator.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections