DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini 78+19 Keys USB 2.4GHz RF Wireless Programmable Multimedia Keyboard with Trackball Mouse
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good enough – Mini 78+19 Keys USB 2.4GHz RF Wireless Programmable Multimedia Keyboard with Trackball Mouse Reviews

posted by jorno on 03/04/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This is a compact keyboard, with a trackball on the right side. No need to install any drivers / software, really. But to use all the "extra" buttons, you may need it. Works out of the box, both in windows, linux and mac. And the battery lasts a long time.
Cons:
The buttons are a bit small for me, so I'm not able to type fast at it. And it's english layout, so I'm missing a couple of Norwegian letters. The signal is also variable. The trackball is often responding very bad, and thus it takes a lot of effort to move the pointer from one side of the screen to the other.
Other:
This is a very compact wireless keyboard. I'm using it on a PC connected to my TV in the living room. It's a great success at parties, allowing everybody to place songs in queue (Spotify), and letting everybody find videos on YouTube. Just passing the keyboard around the table. It's small and light, and still cheap enough to not really care to much if someone would spill their drink into it.
Bottomline:
I would recommend this to everybody who sees the value in having a light, compact and cheap keyboard connected to their media PC. Do not buy this for gaming or other high-need uses, as it's just too slow/unresponsive and have this trackball which works only partly. But buy it because it's cheap, and you wouldn't care if it gets damaged. :)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections