DX  » Community » Reviews » FreArduino Leonardo R3 for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great Arduino compatible – Freaduino Leonardo R3 for Arduino - White Reviews

posted by wheezardth on 01/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Wonderful Arduino compatible, better in every aspect than the original Leonardo IMHO. MiniUSB cable, SPI broken out in a header, 3.3 / 5v switchable operational voltage, reliable voltage regulators that don't run hot, good quality connectors, and a neat look. What more could you want? Also, they are SO cheap. Reset button on the side. The cable is short - I actually like that.
Cons:
Serial port numbers will change everytime you reset the board (not during programming) or re-plug it. Could lead to annoyance at times. LED indicators SO bright they will rip your eyes out. Might need to cover them with electrical tape if you are leaving this unit built in somewhere.
Other:
Ah. These guys are so cheap, I felt bad for not ordering more. Got 9 pieces for my class plus some extras, and now they're all gone.
Bottomline:
Better than the original Leonardo, an still cheaper. Also, white. Don't bother ordering just one, you'll want another really soon, because they are so cheap you'll be willing to leave them inside your projects.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections