DX  » Community » Reviews » 7" USB Plug-n-Play Touch Screen Digitizer for Asus Eee PC 701 UMPC Laptops
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 5
Tricky little bastard – 7" USB Plug-n-Play Touch Screen Digitizer for Asus Eee PC 701 UMPC Laptops Reviews

posted by zonte on 03/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- It's touchscreen - It's cheap and the Zoll won't charge a Tax on it althoug it's over the 22€ boarder (for germany) - It has an uild-in USB-HUB...
Cons:
-... wich won't work with USB-Sticks unless you soldered an extra 5V lane to the HUB - It's not Plug'n'Play - It has an vertical and a horizontal line that makes it a little un-nice - You have to put some pressure to the screen to make it recognize you tipped on it.
Other:
Trying to get this thing to work takes me 10 minutes of assemling and like 3 hours of finding the problem why it doesn't work! First prolem : In which way is the touchscreen wire connected to the Controller (The controllercale has to e with the red cale on top left, and the flat cable from touchscreen has to be up with the brown side) Second problem: Webcam still works, touchscreen isn't even recognized. Had to reinstall Windows and load some Touchscreen drivers (eGalax) to make it work. Adds realy some thickness to the upper case, ut don't worry^^ the controller fits in the upper case below the Speaker. Just had to remove 3 little plastic parts (simpel)
Bottomline:
I think it was worth the wating time, and now that it works I'm fine with this product, ut had a tricky time with it :D Some kind of manual or assemly advice would be great, so you don't have to fear to send it back because it won't work xD

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections