DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-502B Cree R2-WC 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/2*CR123A)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
I´m very impressed... – UltraFire WF-502B Cree R2-WC 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650/2*CR123A) Reviews

posted by CasiGER on 12/29/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-Very bright, nice and usefull beam.
-Very Small.
-Works with two CR123A or one 18650, also if it's oversized! (the tail cap and the drop-in have a spring).
-Most of parts are well manufactured .
-Except for the clip-screws, the flashlight seems waterproof. All joints are protected by o-rings.
Cons:
-The clip is not very practical. It´s not muchly solid, it´s deformed quickly. Furthermore it´s fiddly to clip on, but very easy to clipp off. Losing the light is very easy...
-The assult-crown is feather-edged.
-The anodic coating could be slightly better.
-The intensity of light becomes weak, when the battery-voltage goes down.
At 4,2V -> current drain of the drop-in: >900mA
At 3,7V -> current drain of the drop-in: >300mA
(by Ultrafire LC 18650 2400mAh).
Other:
I take my clip off (look at "cons"), bought a belt pouch und attached a wrist strap (often I work on high). Now I´m absolute contented...
Bottomline:
For this price, it is an excellent flashlight. I think you have to search a long time, to find a light like this for this price. I would buy it everytime again. If you are looking for a good small and bright light for carrying everyday? -> You´ve foundet here!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections