DX  » Community » Reviews » SD-280 5mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer - Black (2 x AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Good Green Laserpointer – SD-280 5mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer - Black (2 x AA) Reviews

posted by Nico3344 on 02/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-Very bright. I'm no expert, but brighter than common "5mw green" pointers! I would estimate more like 30-50mW. -Very well machined housing, aluminum. -Does work with AA Batterys! Even comes with a set of AA's
Cons:
-Button Switch is a bit flimsy, but does the job -Slight shaking of batteries inside, but doesn't affect function. -Doesn't have an IR filter. I think it emitts quite a lot of IR (tested it with Digital Camera), but the IR isn't as focused as the laser, so it's not that dangerous. Nevertheless, a filter would have been nice.
Other:
-Slightly visible beam at daylight. Spot is always extremely Bright. -Solid very bright beam in the night! Didn't measure the distance it covers, but no problem to point at clouds /stars. VERY BRIGHT! -Lights Matches after ~0.5-1 exposure! Didn't try to pop baloons, but should be no problem. -Shipping to Germany was no problem.
Bottomline:
Very bright Laser. Must buy for the price! But pay attention. This is not a toy!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections