DX  » Community » Reviews » Rikomagic MK802 III Dual-Core Android 4.1.1 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Perfect Media Center – Rikomagic MK802 III Dual-Core Android 4.1.1 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM - Black Reviews

posted by fsteff on 01/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
+ Excellent quality. + Very good features for the price. + Hardware decoder of several stream formats. + Volume control (as oppersite to Apple TV) + USB Host + Full ROOT access. + 1080p support. + Kernel/Firmware image is available for download on Ricomagic web-page. + AirPlay and DLNR is supported. + Playback on DLNR devices is supported (if enabled in the app you use).
Cons:
- The microSD/TransFlash slot requires the card to be inserted very deeply, so a tool is needed for both insertion and extraction. (But it's probably going to stay in there always anyway, so who cares?) - USB Webcam is not supported by the provided kernel, so can't be used as a web-phone. -
Other:
The perfect Media Center took only a few hours to set up after the hardware arrived. My recommendations are: * XBMC "Frodo" with NAVI-X plugin, and various live TV plugins. * VLC * PPStream Tablet * PPTV pad
Bottomline:
In a few hours with this product I had twice more features that I wanted then after several days hacking away on my Apple TV. This product gives me everything I need for my every day media needs, and has a very high value to the money ratio. Highly recommended.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections