DX  » Community » Reviews » Bluetooth V3.0 Rechargeable Aluminum Alloy Cover 61-Key Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 - Silver + Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Well designed and usefull keyboard cover with minor "things" – Bluetooth V3.0 Rechargeable Aluminum Alloy Cover 61-Key Keyboard for Google Nexus 7 - Silver + Black Reviews

posted by dorax on 02/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Good build quality, perfectly fit onto the Nexus 7. Look quite elegant on closed state with Nexus. The stand is well designed, hold the tablet perfectly. The bluetooth pairing is a piece of cake, easily can switch to any international layout (I'd switch to hungarian for my country's special keys). The keyboard also works with other tablets, eg. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 The keystroke feels good (but not as good as any chiclet keyboard on a notebook nowadays).
Cons:
Sometimes the "Connect" button not connect to the tablet, but a quick switch on-off solve the problem and reconnect without re-pairing the devices. Using the keyboard needs learning time to type accurate because of the small form factor. In hungarian layout I'd lost the zero button because of the "ö" key.
Other:
Little heavy, little hard to open (but this means a very good/tight locking).
Bottomline:
Even you're not using keyboard to much, it could be a wise choose, because this is one of the best tablet stand and cover for Nexus 7 (besides the Nillkin Smart Cover) otherwise.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections