Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
* Has usb ports & sd card slot, easy to transfer files & flash box.
* Has an unofficial support site through gbox midnight
* can connect to old crt tv and also hdmi
* played any files i threw at it.
* Build quality is excellent.
* Xbmc is not good as apple tv2, as still underdevelopment
* video playback is not as smooth as atv2 (but its still good enough)
* cant move icons with remote need to connect mouse
I have flashed this box with few gbox midnight roms for testing purposes to determine which is best firmware and setup. Best firmware and setup in my opinion is XBMC Barebone Android v0.1a by Static (Warning! this firmware will boot straight to xbmc) good for end users who just want xbmc only, which makes the system much faster as there is no android layer running in the background. here is the link follow instruction, if you want to boot straight to xbmc
Warning! Flash at your on risk, i will not be liable for any damage to your box.
If you want xbmc on your tv, i think this box is the next best box next to atv2. you can use gbox midnight roms at your own risk!, i have tested quite few roms on my box and is still working.
link to roms http://androidtvbox.us
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.