DX  » Community » Reviews » Android 4.0 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / 1GB RAM / 4GB ROM - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Very cost-effective TV Box!!! – Android 4.0 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / 1GB RAM / 4GB ROM - Black Reviews

posted by Texmind on 02/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
4 USB Ports!!!, Plug and Play, supports usb mouse and keyboard, easy to use and good quality for low price.
Cons:
After a couple of hours working turns a bit hot. So, in hot environments it's probably it will loss performance... It didn't include a HDMI cable, it should!
Other:
It was over my expectations for the low price I pay compared to other devices on the market. Can install apps from Google Play. The remote control is fine but probably will need an usb keyboard or mouse to take out the most of the device. I'm using a Fly Air Mouse Wireless Keyboard which is great for the TV Box. No problem using the wifi on 802.11n wireless network. Can run XBMC without issues and works great! I use it a lot to watch HD movies and works great even with subtitles. I connect my 1 Tera USB 3.0 HDD for media storage and works as fast as needed.
Bottomline:
To sum up, it's a very good choice for a home media center. Can transform your TV in a Smart TV at low cost.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections