DX  » Community » Reviews »  6-in-1 Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Pocket Folding Lock Pick Set for Civil Lock - Silver
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Not Great but Not Bad – 6-in-1 Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Pocket Folding Lock Pick Set for Civil Lock - Silver Reviews

posted by nmca2010 on 07/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-The locking screw can't be removed ...... so you won't lose it. -Good selection of picks. -Decent quality materials.
Cons:
-The locking screw can't be removed ...... so you can't put tape on it to make it tighter, it has to be constantly tightened when using it. -When a pick is locked in place the other picks fall freely out of the handle. -The tension tool went from being extreamly difficult to remove, to being impossible to get to stay in palce. -The picks are not tight together so when picking there is side to side movement of the pick.
Other:
I had the original southord jackkife which i lost and bought this a replacemnt, the build wuality is nowhere near as good as the original but as a tool its every bit as useful, in fact i prefer the selection of picks on this one. This would be a bad choice for a beginner, the picks are too loose to give good feedback.
Bottomline:
If you already know how to pick locks and want a set for you pocket this will be a handy tool but if you're a beginner this is a bad choice, get a set of normal picks to learn with.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections