DX  » Community » Reviews » Creative Sunglasses 2.0MP Video Recorder Camera w/ SD / Mini USB / Mic - Black Frame
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Fun Camera hands free but its not perfect – Creative Sunglasses 2.0MP Video Recorder Camera w/ SD / Mini USB / Mic - Black Frame Reviews

posted by pss2010 on 12/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-Nice shades, blocks out enough sun and not too much -Fairly well made -Nice Design -Takes nice photos -Video is OK has some issues as will explain in the Cons -Battery Charging and Life not the best
Cons:
-Hurt my nose/cheek after a while wearing -Im not sure if mine is faulty but the Battery never seems to fully charge.. all Night and the charge light is still blinking. -I did a test run filming my dog while kicking a ball for him. and the filming stop 5minutes in and it corrupt the memory card which windows 7 fixed the video still played with VLC and I could fix the video and make 1/10th the size using AVS video converter. as the video had the time lost and couldnt scroll to end. the video stuttered 3 minutes in and was like a time lapse.. but I think thats cos the battery run out -down side its hard to video and keep everything in 4:3 frame. as it dont match what you think your seeing with own eyes so you loose edges. I will buy these 5mp 720 wide angle glasses to try next -the Sounds it rubbish.. its makes a mechanical sound overtop of the spoken words non stop I suspect thats a fault inside the circuit board - The manual poorly written.. and the SetTime.txt fails
Other:
I tried all variations from googling for setting the Data and Time stamp regardless what I tried and I believe I did it correctly.. nothing change it only when the battery run out did it reset.. the default data seems to start 29 dec 2007
Bottomline:
They are cheap and can be useful and lots of fun if your lucky enough to get a real working pair Qaulity Testing stamp on the sunnies means nothing to chinese obviously as if they did test them they find the same problems with charging and sound click issues. also they didnt hire a english person to proof read and see if they could follow the manual.. I suspect they clones another manual and hardware which arent quiet compatible with this pair

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections