DX  » Community » Reviews » Cree XM-L T6 840lm 3-Mode Drop-In Module for 26.5mm Flashlight - Silver
Sort by:
6 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:835 (83%)
  • 4 Star:171 (17%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Stupidly bright, worth the money!

posted by Rustybadger on 02/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Ridiculously bright -Inexpensive -Easy to use, only has 3 modes -Silver in colour, with brass accents -Two very useful springs -I have sold a few to friends, because they are so nice
    Cons:
    -Will make you see spots for hours if you shine it in your eyes. Don't be dumb. -Only available in silver with brass accents -P...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice replacement of faulty drop-in

posted by yfujii on 02/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Has three modes (Hi,Lo,Fast strobe) and mode memory, as advertized. Fits to my WF-501B (of sku 36356) perfectly. Nice color (not too blue), bright (though I think not 840lm as described later). Does not get hot too quickly compared to my P7-CSXO drop-in (in...
    Cons:
    Fingerprints on the reflector when arrived. As described in other review, wires from driver to LED looks slightly thin. In the ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent but needs mods to work properly

posted by PaiVidyadhar on 02/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    1. Led and heat sink are good quality. Wf501b gets hot but not too hot. 2. Driver board supplied is ok too. Draws 1.1 amp at full. So 4 watts. 3.. Runtime of 1hr at full brightness after which it starts dimming. Panasonic 18650a 3100mah from dx.
    Cons:
    Why was this led hand soldered to star in an application like this? Poor quality of wires used from driver to led. Just terrib...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Drop-In, Highly Recommend

posted by dbcstm on 01/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Excellent emitter, nice color tint, very good beam profile. Perfect fit in Solarforce L2P. Very pleasant surprice, amazing price! Perfect soldering where it's visible, nicely done! Nice touch adding the ground contact spring. Was'nt needed in the L2P but th...
    Cons:
    Don't find anything at all wrong with it. Packaged skimpily? That's looking hard for something, as it got here in one piece and...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good affordable drop-in

posted by Adchd on 12/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Affordable Bright Good color, neutral white, not blue Has mode memory Standard size dop in.
    Cons:
    None really especially for the price. Maybe the strobe. I would prefer hi-mid-lo instead but pretty much all of these have t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheapest dropin with much output.

posted by lasermanathome on 12/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    One of the cheapes drop-in with high luminous output and good throw. No real heatproblems, uses te best Cree chip wich is reliable and has uniformity in color. Can be powerd with (only) one 18650. Reflector is effective and of good quality (massive aluminiu...
    Cons:
    The claimed output is exaggerated, my estimated guess should be 500-600 lumens
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections