DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-502B Cree R2-WC 3-Mode 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Very impressed - great value, good quality – UltraFire WF-502B Cree R2-WC 3-Mode 250-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (1*18650) Reviews

posted by dbroon on 10/19/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Quite an astounding quantity of light out of this R2 equiped light. Nice simple interface and the low is actually a very good balance of light and run time. On a fully charged 18650 (2200mah from old laptop) it ran at full brightness for 1h 20 minutes before starting to dim (in a glass of water to manage heat, but also proved waterproof :) ), I'm sure a new battery would have run longer before starting to dim. On the low setting another 18650 did 9hr 35mins before brightness started dimming. Overall very happy with this purchase
Cons:
The LED module does produce a lot of heat on full and I have done the popular silver foil wrap round the light module and relfector to provide better heat transfer to the light body.
Other:
If you are actually holding the light whilst its on full its not so hot that you cant hold it, but it will keep your hand warm on a cold night. Your hand provides the external heat sink. I have a Jetbeam III M and the beam pattern of the 502b is comparible but the 502b has a tighter hotspot. The throw is quite good but you still get a decent spill. The build quality is good, the light output is excelent and the run times are good
Bottomline:
DX has a huge selection of flashlights some of them better than others. This is definately a good one from my experience. Make up your own mind by reading various reviews but keep in mind that some peoples view of DX is clouded by the fact that they dont like anything without 'Made in America' on it. The same people dont know what they are missing.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections