DX  » Community » Reviews » SD-230 Aluminum 5mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer - Black (1 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent package – SD-230 Aluminum 5mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer - Black (1 x 18650) Reviews

posted by DellSuperman on 12/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
+ Comes with a full package, battery & charger. + Box makes it a quick & easy gift. + Battery comes charged. Battery capacity is quite high, so I can safely assume that it can hold out for quite a while before needing to charge. + The build quality is quite well made. + Laser emitting module is aligned to the body, all 5 that I order. I have seem some that are not properly aligned & the laser is always aiming somewhere else. + Tail cap button is covered to prevent accidental activation.
Cons:
- No instruction manuals for battery polarity. So for the record, positive (+) must be facing the tail cap. - 2 of the box came slightly dented but no damaged to the items inside because of the foam padding. - Might be big for some because of the size of the battery.
Other:
Battery (18650) is compatible with most torch lights. Clicky tail cap might not be the best of choice for laser pointers. Some might prefer push button on the body.
Bottomline:
All 5 that I bought came working & in good condition. Package came nicely packed in a box, so it can make a good & quick gift. I am pretty pleased & will be getting a few more.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections