DX  » Community » Reviews » ViewSonic VB100a Pro 10.1" Capacitive Screen Android 4.0 Dual Core Tablet PC w/ Wi-Fi - Silver
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Excellent Viewsonic tablet! – ViewSonic VB100a Pro 10.1" Capacitive Screen Android 4.0 Dual Core Tablet PC w/ Wi-Fi - Silver Reviews

posted by geek2goo on 01/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Superb tablet! one of the most advanced at this time, at the price it should be at right now. Arrived with pre-installed scratch-guard covouring the display, very nice feature.
Cons:
The built-in monaural speaker driver does not produce the best sound -it actually is attempting to make too much bass, which is unnecessary and wasteful for a tablet. This suggests it could be easily tuned more for clear mid-highs. This could definitely be improved by using a software audio equalizer, I haven't attempted to check or install anything yet. It's not really a true CON at all! Also, the pre-installed audio/media player says it is unable to play streaming audio over the web, but you can replace it with your own preferred player anyway!
Other:
Consider this if you are looking for a +10" tablet. It is a very standard size, and you can use most available cases/stands, along with the Bluetooth conveniently allows use of accessories like keyboards. I would have preferred if it came with an extra scratch-guard protector, so I could install it myself -the installed one has a few tiny bubbles underneath, but not bad.
Bottomline:
Terrific tablet, one of the best on the market and better than most available in North America. Very satisfying to have the quality of Viewsonic.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections