DX  » Community » Reviews » L12 Cree XP-E Q5 200lm 3-Mode White Zooming Bike Light - Black (3 x AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
really good for the city – L12 Cree XP-E Q5 200lm 3-Mode White Zooming Bike Light - Black (3 x AAA) Reviews

posted by ch35c0 on 01/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
It's pretty cheap and gives enough light for city rides (despite not being as much as I expected when city lamps overlap it). You can use it as a "normal" flashlight.
Cons:
It often changes its mode when bumping on the road by itself, so when I'm using the strobe I find myself with the full power, and after another bumb the mid-power; so I think the switch is a little soft.
Other:
It takes a little much time to put and take the mount if you don't like leaving it in the handle (not the flashlight). It has 3modes (Full-mid- full fast strobe) as the description says, but not as the package (if we don't count off as a mode). When it's fully zoomed the light is a square. Not a problem but quite strange. Maybe the "ambient" red is what I like less. It doesn't waste battery because it's from the same led.
Bottomline:
As I said, a very very cheap bike flashlight that comes handy even when not using it with a bike. Buy it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections