DX  » Community » Reviews » DT-1180 2.3" LCD Screen Electromagnetic Radiation Detector
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Well working EMF meter – DT-1180 2.3" LCD Screen Electromagnetic Radiation Detector Reviews

posted by tengdahl on 02/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Works well. Useable measurement range. Displays the results in some unit that makes sense (has meaningful units)
Cons:
More expensive than some other EMF meters on this site.
Other:
The numbers that the electrical field measurement gives seem to make sense. The results were in line on different measurements what I would expect to get. For electrical fields the measurements below high voltage line the meter gives results that would be expected at that location (I got 1439 V/m, according to literature a typical values to expect would be 1000-2000 V/m). For RF fields I found that the meter reacted to mobile phone signal and a walkie-talkie radio transmitting nearby. I have not been able to do comparison to some other meter to get idea how accurate the results are at different frequencies.
Bottomline:
If you want to measure the electric field around objects, this meter will do it. It measure Volts/Meter. If you have a high electric field, this meter will tell you. The meter will also give you information on RF field strength.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections