Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Extremely energy efficient(uses only one LED but VERY bright)
- Uses 4 AA batteries, which means longer working life, without constantly having to open it up to change exhausted batteries
- The set that I received has a internal timer of approximately 17 seconds of illuminating time before the light automatically starts to fade out, which I find is perfect for most situations - most PIR lights have too short an illuminating time duration and they don't even fade out, plunging you into darkness all of a sudden when the LED goes off. The ability to fade out gradually is really the star feature in this model.
- Very wide angle of light. It is able to illuminate my entire room, thanks to the silver reflector.
- The motion sensor is really very sensitive and able to easily detect my movements from 6 metres away infront of it. I suspect it can even detect movements from a distance further than 6 meters, although I have not tested that yet.
- The single white LED bulb is unusually bright for a single LED. I'm not sure if it is a Nichia LED bulb, but it definitely is much brighter than the ones you find in most cheapo single-LED torches.
- It has a mounting hole at the back of the unit for you to hang it on the wall(like how you hang a wall clock)
- Build quality is very good. Once you put it your batteries, the unit will have a sturdy solid weight to it and that helps to make it very stable to place on most surfaces without fear of it falling over or anything like that.
- None. If I have to find fault with such an excellent PIR light at this price, I am being unreasonable.
Although I use this light indoors mainly, I may also consider taking it with me should I have a camping trip outdoors, or any outdoor activities like that. This light should come in very useful in a tent, switching itself on when someone enters, for example. Or to light up certain areas in the park or the garden during a BBQ party.
One word of advice - if you want to use this unit outdoors, I would suggest that you seal it in a transparent plastic bag, to make it water-proof and weather-proof.
Look no further, this is undoubtedly the best single-LED PIR motion-activated light out there that is the most energy efficient and that probably also gives you the longest working lifespan from a set of 4AA battries(as stated by another reviewer below, whose unit lasted 18 months using low-discharge rechargeable battries).
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.