DX  » Community » Reviews » ELM327 v1.5b Bluetooth OBD-II Wireless Transceiver Dongle
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Useful device for little "garage car service" – ELM327 Bluetooth OBD-II Wireless Transceiver Dongle Reviews

posted by kubanoid on 01/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
I bought the deice for the man who service my car. I adviced him to buy less expencive SKUs with cable connection, but he preffered wireless device. When I received the device, serviceman couldn't to install any software from the CD which came with the device. He had to look for software in the Internet and found it easy. Other trouble was with BlueTooth adjustment, but this trouble was mentioned above, and it is also adjustable. Now the serviceman have more chances to repair different motors and now he will not loose the time to check error codes at 3rd part services.
Cons:
I can't say anything regarding internal parts of the device... it works correctly, the body is enough strong for use. Most of electronics from China and Hong Kong works correctly and costs near nothing.
Other:
Looks more expencive than simple RS232 or USB OBD-II devices at DX site, but more nice in using. I heard that other ELM327 devices can cost up to $200-300 at other places... nice profit to buy it at DX! If I'll test my car via OBD-II at the service here, I'll have to pay about $15-25 for readout error codes! Good idea to buy own ELM327 for it.
Bottomline:
Good device for somebody who can adjust it and to find the software applications. VERY COMPACT and HAVE NO ANY WIRES or CABLES!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections