DX  » Community » Reviews »  8-Pin Lightning Male to 30-Pin Female Data Transfer / Charging adapter for Iphone 5 - White
Sort by:
15 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:477 (47%)
  • 4 Star:477 (47%)
  • 3 Star:71 (7%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by Juniper73 on 07/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great value for the price. I can now use my old ipad usb cables with the new connector. The connector snaps on very firmly and feels very solid. I have had no compatibility issues with this. Works with iphone 5 and ipad 4
    Cons:
    A simple connector that works as described. The only con is this is very small and easy to lose.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great adapter

posted by AndreasGassmann on 06/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works just as expected. Both the 30pin cable and the Lightning connector fit nicely. The quality is good, but you can feel that its not an original Apple product. I bought 3 of them and all three work as expected.
    Cons:
    None so far.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IT Works

posted by parisneto on 05/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It works for data an charging, I´ve tested with Ipad 4rth generation, Ipad Mini and Iphone 5 connected to different sources like Old HP laptop, Apple Macbook Pro and AC chargers orginal an generic ones. It works just like the original when coupled to t...
    Cons:
    it´s bigger than the 30-pin connector in thickness and oversized compared to the original Apple one the conector is not a...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cheap but okay...

posted by FunkyMonkeez7 on 05/14/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    it's super cheap, 1/10th of Apple's price. It does what it's supposed to, transfers data and charges iphone 5.
    Cons:
    cheap materials, the lightning adapter seems a little flimsy, the adapter wont work if you have a case on. OH, and one thing th...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cheap and good

posted by rhyolitester on 04/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    1 similar adaptor at apple store would cost about 20 usd. This costs just 3.4! does the same job. I put it on top of my charger dock, phone can charge now. No problems
    Cons:
    watch out though, indicator light of dock no longer goes on even when phone is charging. it might be because the adaptor is tak...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Absolutely perfect

posted by dnorbee on 04/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Offers the exactly the same as the original accessory for the fraction of the price. Syncy, charges exactly the same way.
    Cons:
    Material is not that fine as the original Apple, but it doesn't matter. Some light scrathes can be observed on the surface and ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value for the money

posted by sungtrantran on 03/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    can't complain about the price. good bang for the bucks. 2 out of 3 work well. The other doesn't connect properly. Even though it still charge the device. Work for charging. Since I just got the adapter, I can't tell the reliability of it. Will update the p...
    Cons:
    low craftsmanship. Bought 3, 2 connect properly, the other doesn't connect well. Data transferring isn't that good.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    WORKS JUST FINE AND IT'S CHEAP

posted by gabriniel on 02/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works just fine in any 30 pin cable. It's really cheap compared to the original one. Really simple to use and costs less than a new lightning cable.
    Cons:
    Apparently just one of the sides work. But this isnt a big deal. Build quality is a bit poor. The plastic feels weak, but lets ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Useful with a good price!

posted by ultraflames on 02/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap! Apple takes insane prices for their official adapter. It's not even near worth it. Nice to be able to use your old cables and other equipment
    Cons:
    None that I can think of at the time. This is a simple product. Not much that can go wrong. Maybe the quality could have been s...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine and very compact

posted by williamws7 on 02/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This adapter does the job and is pretty cheap (especially when compared to Apple's own $30 Lightning=>30-pin adapter). It is also very small in size, which is good in this case.
    Cons:
    Build quality isn't all that great, but it hasn't impacted functionality.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections