DX  » Community » Reviews » MagicSIM 2008 New Dual-SIM Card (20th-Generation)
Sort by:
22 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:419 (41%)
  • 4 Star:4510 (45%)
  • 3 Star:143 (14%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Poor Android compatibility

posted by pfcbgd on 05/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    No hassle with cloning sim and writing to multisim. No hassle with drivers and apps. Cutting sim cards and inserting into adapter fallowing instructions is straightforward. Working fine on symbian.
    Cons:
    Inserting sim into phone is little tight. Poor Android compatibility. During switching form one sim to other Android CM 7 repor...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works as advertised

posted by cassiobraga on 02/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Only one piece (instead of non-cut models) so it requires no additional space for other sim card. Install an icon on the mobile phone where a very simple menu show the option for two sim cards, just choose one and about 20-30 seconds the operator of the sim...
    Cons:
    Seems fragile especially while inserting it on the phone; cutting a chip is a little scary thing to do, but there is no other a...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Samsung Galaxy S

posted by szilcsi on 02/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good manual, sticks, how-to-use stpeb-by-step. Normal delivery as always. Simple app in the phone menu to change sim. Need another app from market for putting provider logo to the status bar and for work properly. Without this app i cannot use my cards.
    Cons:
    Not so easy to use. Need accurate cutting. I worried to crash my cards with scissors. Cannot use 3G+UMTS only edge avaible :( C...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    MagicSIM 2008 New Dual-SIM Card (20th-Generation)

posted by sexielexie on 01/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works fine on several phones. Much cheaper than in dutch webshops (newer versions 28th gen, are just below €30,-). Folow the instruction that are included in the package or watch a YouTube video explaining the cutting of the SIM's. The 2 SIM's will fit in t...
    Cons:
    On Samsung Galaxy S2 it didn't support 3G verry well (eg. slow speed). Quality is not great, but the €30,- 28th gen versions ar...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Work as expected

posted by killcreek on 10/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It does what description says. Its very useful for people using 2 sims and it doesn't require the phone to reboot to switch to 2 sims
    Cons:
    It requires precision cutting of the sim. It needs to be cut more than the microsim size. If not done properly, then you will n...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Impressed

posted by kaltuzak on 07/10/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I am really impressed with this. I didn't expect would work so fine, since I bought an older version from local market and didn't have the same sucess. It's working on my galaxy S2 with ICS installed. One chip is 3g and the other for calls. Just wait for t...
    Cons:
    There are no real cons, except it might be bigger than your phone can support phisically speaking.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's very handy when you have a single SIM phone

posted by Dissidente on 06/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works properly (with a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic) Gives you the ability to have two SIM's in one single SIM phone (in standby mode, which means that there will be always one number available while the other one is in standby)
    Cons:
    On Nokia 5800 the card hardly fits, and you have to be careful not to stick it too much inside the SIM connector. The IC get's...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works in my Blackberry 9800

posted by nexxtsolutions on 05/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Works in my Blackbery 9800. - Excellent choice for where they need to have 2 phone lines. - Excellent performance with 3G technology. - Excellent product, quality superior to other adapters that are on the internet.
    Cons:
    - Size of micro-sim is not compatible with standard cutters. - Need to put the phone in airplane mode so that the APN settings ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works on Samsung Galaxy S2

posted by roddx on 04/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Works perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (2.3.4) - J - Very easy to change SIMs - Does not create a bump on the back of the phone like the no-cut ones does
    Cons:
    DX should get the 28th generation with 007 function (Just dial 001 for SIM 1 or 002 to SIM 2) Need to cut the SIMs! Need to swi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does the job

posted by rudolee on 05/24/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Works as expected in my samsung SGH X200. Firmware is intuitive and auto-installs. Autoswitch works fine. The numbers of the 2 sims can be added for easy use in the added menu. It is cheap.
    Cons:
    standard micro-sim size cards need to be trimmed some more. but this is easy. Battery drain not noticed yet, but could be expec...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections