Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Much cheaper than more well-known 'budget tablets' brands like Yarvik, Archos, etc.
- Fairly good building quality for its price.
- Comes with Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean), where most competitors leave you stuck with ICS, Honeycomb or even Gingerbread.
- proper hardware (CPU/GPU) and IPS screen
- slim design. HDMI output.
- only supplied with USA power plug, luckily this plug has a power2usb cord, so an alternative plug is easily found (DX sells lots of them (I'd recommend SKU 133882)
- No back face camera (but hey, the famous Nexus 7 hasn't got one either)
- pity the screen resolution is only 800x480 pixels.
-some Chinese apps cannot be uninstalled. I'd expected it to bee rooted.
- I ran a benchmark test that comes with the Epic Citadel app (Unreal Engine demo); it provided a decent 36 fps average @ high quality video settings.
- even though its building quality exceeds my expectations, I'd recommend you buy a proper PU leather protective sleeve like SKU 119099.
- you might have to bring up serious patience in awaiting the order, as it was in backorder just 10 days after its initial release.
- if you want a back face camera and a better screen resolution,try to get your hand on the more advanced tablet Pipo S3 (SKU: 184862). Other than that, the Pipo S1 is a great buy with a high value for money.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.