DX  » Community » Reviews » PIPO S1 7" Capacitive Screen Android 4.1 Dual Core Tablet PC w/ TF / Wi-Fi / Camera / HDMI - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Best buy for its money – PIPO S1 7" Capacitive Screen Android 4.1 Dual Core Tablet PC w/ TF / Wi-Fi / Camera / HDMI - Black Reviews

posted by RRRobert on 03/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Much cheaper than more well-known 'budget tablets' brands like Yarvik, Archos, etc. - Fairly good building quality for its price. - Comes with Android 4.1.1 (Jellybean), where most competitors leave you stuck with ICS, Honeycomb or even Gingerbread. - proper hardware (CPU/GPU) and IPS screen - slim design. HDMI output.
Cons:
- only supplied with USA power plug, luckily this plug has a power2usb cord, so an alternative plug is easily found (DX sells lots of them (I'd recommend SKU 133882) - No back face camera (but hey, the famous Nexus 7 hasn't got one either) - pity the screen resolution is only 800x480 pixels. -some Chinese apps cannot be uninstalled. I'd expected it to bee rooted.
Other:
- I ran a benchmark test that comes with the Epic Citadel app (Unreal Engine demo); it provided a decent 36 fps average @ high quality video settings. - even though its building quality exceeds my expectations, I'd recommend you buy a proper PU leather protective sleeve like SKU 119099. - you might have to bring up serious patience in awaiting the order, as it was in backorder just 10 days after its initial release.
Bottomline:
- if you want a back face camera and a better screen resolution,try to get your hand on the more advanced tablet Pipo S3 (SKU: 184862). Other than that, the Pipo S1 is a great buy with a high value for money.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections