DX  » Community » Reviews » RTL2832U + R820T Mini DVB-T + DAB+ + FM USB Digital TV Dongle - Black
Sort by:
32 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8126 (81%)
  • 4 Star:196 (19%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Buy NOW

posted by Burritoe on 10/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Super fun dongle to play with. Great to experiment with SDR and such a great price. These are a fantastic way to get introduced to software defined radio.
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works with linux and rtl-sdr

posted by vitecek on 10/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works on linux (I just had to compile a module for kernel, it's well described on many webpages). VLC is able to play tv or radio using this dongle in quite good quality Supported by rtl-sdr project, you can use it as an inexpensive sdr radio (works from 2...
    Cons:
    It isn't very sensitive, but it wasn't supposed to use it as sdr, so it's not a big con. It tells the computer it's RTL2838, w...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect for ADS-B aircraft tracking !

posted by Horsy69 on 09/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Although I did not have the opportunity yo test this USB DVB-T receiver in a TV mode, it works perfectly for ADS-B aircraft tracking, which is what I bought it for.
    Cons:
    The manufacture is a bit cheap and the antanna connector extremely fragile (already dismanteled once, but was able to clip it a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Descent for SDR

posted by warweed on 09/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is a really cheap entry level tuner that can be used for software defined radio its easily modifyed doesn't get to hot and works well with SDRsharp
    Cons:
    The antenna it comes with is pretty garbage trying to pick up some local fm stations was just impossible
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and good 'software-defined radio' receiver

posted by Wildscliss on 09/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I'm using this DVB-T tuner as software-defined radio receiver for 54-1720 MHz wide band. Tested with SDRSharp, ADSBSharp, RTL1090 software under Windows 7 x64. Under Linux (Fedora 19 x32), tested wirh Osmocom RTL-SDR software (rtl_tcp, rtl_fm, ...). Tuner w...
    Cons:
    Included antenna practically unusable. Even FM radio doesn't received qualitatively (I'm live in city area). Buying TV coaxial ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap SDR receiver with RTL2832U and R820T tuner

posted by j45p3r on 08/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Cheap. Contains the proper RTL2832U ADC and R820T tuner that you need for RTL-SDR and SDR#. Includes a simple antenna and is reasonably well-built. Includes a small IR remote for the TV functions, battery included.
    Cons:
    Included antenna is small and not very useful for extended frequency ranges. The connector is small and you'll need a convertor...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good choice for SDR use

posted by dreamlayers on 07/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Can be used as a software defined radio. Receives low frequencies which E4000 tuner cannot. Decent reception with included antenna Compatible with GNU Radio, SDR#, HDSDR, and more. Antenna may be unscrewed from base, which lets you connect a different antenna.
    Cons:
    Non-standard antenna connector. Gets quite hot, though that hasn't caused any problems. Images of FM broadcast band appear at o...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    excelent product

posted by DerRudy on 07/01/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good build quality, works great on the whole frequency coverage. and not the least at an excelent price. It has the right chipset for SDR software. And also works nice for DVB-T and radio reception.
    Cons:
    none cons i can think off right now..
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for SDR

posted by mcergun on 06/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I got this gadget for ADS-B receiving and it does the job very well. But keep in mind i live close to an airport so sensivity is not a big issue for me. You may need to buy a better antenna and an adaptor for it to work better.
    Cons:
    The antenna is pretty weak and the connector could be a more common one. I m gonna order an adaptor for using better antennas. ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect for SDR experimenting

posted by grostim on 06/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - So cheeeeeeaaaap ! - Perfect for experimenting SDR (install Zadig + SDRsharp) - You can use it to watch TV too !
    Cons:
    - Antenna connector is not at a easily findable standard . - Standard Antenna is very cheap and its bandwith make it useable o...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections