DX  » Community » Reviews » RTL2832U + R820T Mini DVB-T + DAB+ + FM USB Digital TV Dongle - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Very happy - good for DTV and SDR – RTL2832U + R820T Mini DVB-T + DAB+ + FM USB Digital TV Dongle - Black Reviews

posted by les.j.garratt on 02/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Easy and Cheap to set up. I am suprised the standard antenna supplied was able to do the job.
Cons:
If you wanted to attach an outdoor antenna then the plug in arrangements may be a bit messy.
Other:
Remember with antennas it is position and a decent ground plane (read chunk of metal to sit the base on) that will really help the signal
Bottomline:
I reackon good for someone who wants a cheap DTV on their laptop etc or like me wanted to play with SDR (software defined radio) whilst knowing only a little bit of info and wanting to do it on the cheap This was a great little purchase. I was amazed to find it picked up 24 TV chanels - the max in my area. But my main use is for Software Defined Radio using a program called SDR#. If you are interested in this sort of thing then this bit of hardware is a very cheap and fairly easy way to get involved. If you try this combination then please read the SDR documentation carefully. I am a bit green around the gills on this sort of thing but reading and preseverance have been very rewarding.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections