DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire U4-MCU Cree Q5-WC 3-Mode 230-Lumen LED Versatile Flashlight (CR123A/18650/18500/AAA)
Sort by:
55 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8748 (87%)
  • 4 Star:116 (11%)
  • 3 Star:21 (2%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome

posted by gbollybob on 11/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Strong, well made, useful modes, bright, can use with 18650, 123a and AAA Lasts longer on half mode
    Cons:
    Sometimes need to tighten up screw fittings inside. As with many of the "defective" torches I have bought from DX gen...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Reliable / Versatile Multi Function Torch.

posted by yagermeister on 12/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Optional Power Sources (3 X AAA, 180654 Rechargeaable, or 2 3V LiIon batterys. 3 Modes: Bright Beam (Torch), lower powered beam and strobe.
    Cons:
    Battery life could be longer, but in HI output mode these models are like a torch, so they do use battery at a modest rate.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Flashlight for the nice price!

posted by Sosenia on 12/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Pretty bright flashlight with nice white light color. The beam has a nice range. At the high mode it could work for about a hour, while low mode doubles battery live (tested with not new batteries). Housing is made of good quailty, hard steel.
    Cons:
    I think that it could be a little lighter... But it is relative opinion. It does not have program memory.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great light

posted by Cobrastylez on 10/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Really like the size and output of this light. Did some outside test and quite surprised for 230 lumen. It goes around 400m in distance. Note its more a thrower then a flooder Great Solid body :)
    Cons:
    Had some issues with the clicky mode cap. Bad solderingen made the flashlight unstable and flicker to much. After grinded the s...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Almost 4 years later and still working great

posted by LouisW on 09/09/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Three years later, going on four and this light is still working great. I keep it in my night stand. I have over 20 flashlights and this is one of the first LED lights I purchased. The quality has held up over time and the light is not as bright as my XML ...
    Cons:
    I can't fine a replacement module like I can with the P60 lights like I can with the UltraFire WF-502B. Not being a P60 module ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    strong light

posted by Witzz on 09/03/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Solid durable case, supports AAA batteries but also those special one like CR123A, 18650 or 18500. Light is really bright, good for bicycle, and modes can but at one hand fun but also very useful
    Cons:
    Dries batteries fast, but that's not cons because it strong flashlight with bright and long-range light, so it's normal
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent flashlight

posted by hateun on 11/20/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works very good with AAA rechargeables. Nice strong beam, better than a 3d xenon flashlight. Also useable at medium mode. Good build quality. Weather sealing is good. Beam is pretty well focussed. Spil is usefull. Grip is good. Lanyard comes in handy.
    Cons:
    Beam might be a bit more bundled.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very Good FlashLight at correct price

posted by gianmario62 on 09/15/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - The FlashLight is built in a solid aluminium case, and feel good in your hands. - The multi-battery option in very useful: you can use AAA batteries, CR123A and 18650 batteries. - The flashlight never became hot and the batteries life is quite long (as...
    Cons:
    - No instruction. I'd take some time to understand how to switch between modes (after power on, simply half-press the switch to...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic Torch

posted by Rachel235 on 09/10/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Excellent cree torch, sturdy metal construction with tail push clicky switch that changes mode when pressed. Great versality to use different batteries to power the torch.
    Cons:
    Bit heavy as it's made from metal, bit awkward to carry extra battery plastic tube for use with cr123a batteries.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very good

posted by besik33 on 07/08/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Very nice flashlight - no problem with AAA batteries - switch for strong , medium a stroboscope - build quality is good ( Feels heavy, solid, and expensive - solid metal) - the light is white (little blue) - strong spot in the middle. In medium mode it...
    Cons:
    - can not be hold between the teeth. It is to wide and metal wil damage the enamel - i think that in the front is the plastic a...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 6
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections