DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire U4-MCU Cree Q5-WC 3-Mode 230-Lumen LED Versatile Flashlight (CR123A/18650/18500/AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great light for the money! – UltraFire U4-MCU Cree Q5-WC 3-Mode 230-Lumen LED Versatile Flashlight (CR123A/18650/18500/AAA) Reviews

posted by VK2HRO on 12/10/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Rated this one a 5/5 - its a great torch and works with my 18650 batteries. Beam is damn powerful on full power - using it to light up a PC's innards, its too bright. Soft mode is better. The strobe function is very attention getting, and pulses the torch at full power. Comes with a AA battery adapter
Cons:
I cannot see any except the threads are a bit difficult to get together after you put in a battery. Wont tail stand unless you remove the lanyard.
Other:
Its a light, and a damn bright one on full power - I'm always turning it down to half mode when working on PC's.
Bottomline:
Get one - my friends call it the aircraft landing light coz it is so bright. Strobe could be handy in an emergency situation.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections