DX  » Community » Reviews » MK808 Cortex A9 1.6GHz Dual Core Android 4.1 Mini PC w/ 8GB Memory / Measy RC11 Air Fly Mouse
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Cheap effective media center – MK808 Cortex A9 1.6GHz Dual Core Android 4.1 Mini PC w/ 8GB Memory / Measy RC11 Air Fly Mouse Reviews

posted by Psond on 05/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Although not as powerful as hooking a full fledged PC up to your tv/monitors, it gets the job done nicely. I've bought this package as well as both pieces separately and have been using them for several months - the remote truly is amazing for a media center once you get the hang of the mouse.
Cons:
As mentioned by others the preloaded ROM is somewhat lacking however it works well enough on its own. The remotes are not the highest quality either, I've received two so far and they function differently. (the first lets you hold down the mouse button to temporarily activate the mouse, great for occasional pauses or clicking other things in your playlist. On the second remote the same action will crash it until you pop the batteries out - you need to release the middle mouse button before right/left clicking.) Both are useable but having one that can crash is a bit annoying. Wireless is a bit weak as well, I've got it in the same room as my router but it's still only ever at half strength and occasionally has trouble connecting. Planning on buying a USB network adapter to test out how it handles a wired connection.
Other:
After moving recently I've been using this as a media center quite effectively and it has replaced cable TV. Took a while to get used to but now I'm quite happy with downloading tv shows and watching long youtube videos - cutting out all the "meh" shows and commercials has proven quite rewarding. A power on button would also be nice so you wouldn't have to unplug/replug it to turn it on when you need to restart.
Bottomline:
If you want a cheap media center, get it!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections