DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultra-Thin Aluminum Alloy Wireless Bluetooth v3.0 82-Key Keyboard for Ipad - Black + Silver
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 3
Nice keys, but a bit flimsy and too light. – Ultra-Thin Aluminum Alloy Wireless Bluetooth v3.0 82-Key Keyboard for iPad - Black + Silver Reviews

posted by beta34 on 07/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Has the best keys in one of these iPad keyboards that I've ever seen. They feel a lot like the keys on my MacBook Pro and includes the option and command keys, which are useful for symbols and shortcuts. Quite thin. About doubles the thickness of an iPad 2.
Cons:
Finish damages easily. Too light. No way to use the keyboard as just a cover.
Other:
I really like this thing, but it takes some getting used to. The case is a bit flimsy and the back has already dented a bit and the coating is scratched. The spacebar isn't as wide as I'd like, so it's hard to hit with the right thumb. The one glaring flaw, however, is how light it is. With the iPad mounted in the viewing position, it's barely heavy enough to stay upright on a table, so it's easy to knock over and hard to use in one's lap.
Bottomline:
Worth it just for the nice keys, but some issues with quality and weight.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections