DX  » Community » Reviews » 30-Pin Female to 8-Pin Lightning Male Data Transfer / Charging Adapter for Iphone 5 - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Works as advertised - no audio out – 30-Pin Female to 8-Pin Lightning Male Data Transfer / Charging Adapter for iPhone 5 - White Reviews

posted by Romax on 02/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The unit looks good, build quality seems reasonable. The fact that the Lightning connector sits a little higher on a plastic "base" might mean that it will work with some phone cases still on that the actual Apple adapter will not, since the connector sticks out further.
Cons:
This unit does NOT provide an analog audio output. In other words, if you have a speaker dock with a 30pin connector, this adapter should charge the phone, but will not provide audio. On my clock radio dock, it did not even charge, but on my Marley speaker dock, it did charge, but no sound unless I plugged the 1/8" headphone cable in.
Other:
The bang for the buck is good for a charging and data adapter.
Bottomline:
This adapter works as advertised and the price is good. It does not say that the audio will work. The actual Apple adapter contains authentication circuits and Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) circuits which I'm not sure anyone has reverse engineered yet. And any licensed products will cost about the same as the Apple adapter.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections