DX  » Community » Reviews » OTG Connection Kit MS / SD / SDHC / MMC / MMC2 / TF Card Reader for Galaxy Tab - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 1
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Don't work – OTG Connection Kit MS / SD / SDHC / MMC / MMC2 / TF Card Reader for Galaxy Tab - Black Reviews

posted by mistofeles on 05/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Cheap, light, good style. The cable between the connector and adapter makes it easier to use with a light tablet.
Cons:
The device don't work ! Galaxy Tab 2 7" Android 4.1.2 doesn't see neither USB stick nor SD cards.
Other:
USB gets power and there is some activity on data lines. Still nothing. I checked the working with X-Plore, 'My Files' and Settings. I tried to first install the USB stick and then connect it to the tablet. Then I tried to connect the device to the tablet and next insert the stick. Then I tried rebooting the tablet with the device and stick connected. Nothing helped. This might be a problem of Android 4.1.2. I'll test with an original Samsung model, as soon as I get one to my hands.
Bottomline:
With this price I don't return the device. I try to open it and check whats wrong. I'm a bit disappointed, because this device is just what I need.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections