DX  » Community » Reviews » MK808B Dual Core Android 4.1 Google TV Player w/ Bluetooth / 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM / TF / HDMI - Black
Sort by:
53 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7238 (72%)
  • 4 Star:2614 (26%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:21 (2%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

98% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    perfect for android tv

posted by panosp22 on 12/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    cheapest android dongle. can be used for playing games, surf in the web, stream movies from internet, or use it as you would use your tablet. excellent reception of wifi, as it stands three meters away from router. very good build quality, does not feel ...
    Cons:
    can't connect to playstore but you can find other ways easy to load apps.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Smart TV at a bargain

posted by JohnnyDee on 11/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Small, easy to install and set up. Getting mail, youtube and other useful apps on my non-smart TV is a great plus. Have not found apps that do not run on this little piece of genius so far.
    Cons:
    Sometimes Java seems to 'hang', but a quick restart always does the trick. No on/off button. I can turn it off by remote mouse...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful mini computer

posted by DanCPVH on 10/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This mini computer is fast, has three USB inputs, and an HDMI output, and a micro SD slot. I came with Android 4.2.2 and the necessary cables and charger. I works beautifully at 1080p on both of my televisions, and I have been having a lot of fun with the ...
    Cons:
    As everyone has said, the wifi is a little weak, however, I made a passive antenna out of a coil of bell wire, and taped it to ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Overall 5 stars

posted by barrazaae on 10/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - It is the "original" version. - Flawless Jellybean updates. - 1080p resolution out-of-the-box - Enough space for apps * - Can be rooted, to get rid of certain apps within the ROM. - Wireless is enough for Youtube - vevo HD videos (sometimes) - W...
    Cons:
    - Default storage for torrents not enough if you download a MKV blu-ray movie. Haven't added a SD card. - Wireless is poor qual...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Gives another life to your TV

posted by Armando4 on 10/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    was amazed by the potential of this powerful little computer, my TV makes a great tablet. I recently installed the firmware finless rom 2.1 which made the device even more efficient. Along with Measy RC11 air mouse (SKU: 144871) can surf the internet, watch...
    Cons:
    The wifi antenna is very poor which makes the signal too weak, I resolved my problem by changing the antenna inside for a more ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fantastic and excelent product.

posted by hhermes on 09/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Hardware: Speed (smoothness), 2 USB ports (wireless mouse and keyboard, usb flash disks), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, microSD card slot... Software: chrome browser, dedicated youtube app, facebook app, tweeter, gmail, gtalk, you name it... And on top of it all it pla...
    Cons:
    - The USB cable for charging could be a bit longer - The HDMI cable could be a bit longer - The wi-fi antenna is a bit on the w...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good android box

posted by hero888 on 09/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    came with nice package, easy to connect and configure. very fast and play most of media files smoothly without any problems.fast boot up time , got mine with android 4.2 already installed. browsing internet and connection fast ,I have smart Samsung TV and t...
    Cons:
    Google play and you tube doesn't work but i don't worry much about that because i use it mainly to play videos and Xbmc. HDMI c...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Really useful and advisable.

posted by enneweb on 09/02/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works really well. It doesn´t get very hot. It plays HD films smoothy even from a shared folder in PC using home wifi. It is already rooted and you can access Google play and install what you want. Can use your android smartphone as remote with rkr...
    Cons:
    After you turn it off from the software, you have to unplug it manually, no on/off switch. Actually not a con, as I always leav...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 1
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 1
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Unusable due to WiFi issues

posted by YonatanAmir on 08/26/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    On paper, this is a great device - it can turn your simple TV into something better than a smart TV by harnessing the power of the Android ecosystem. The device comes pre-rooted.
    Cons:
    The WiFi chip on this device is known to be problematic - don't take my word for it, use Google. There's all sorts of purported...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good product

posted by axelmdp on 08/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It comes with Android OS. This is really great. You can upgrade the OS, or even flash it with any ROM (official or custom), using the OS version that better fits your needs.
    Cons:
    The unit get frozen eventually. I thought that the issue was the OS, so I've updated (with an official release). But it still r...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 6
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections