Sort by:
16 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6210 (62%)
  • 4 Star:315 (31%)
  • 3 Star:61 (6%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great product for what it is needs to be used for

posted by badsc9 on 05/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    the thort of beeing able to convert an old IDE to a sata is great so I like the way it looks and things like that
    Cons:
    one big con is the fact that when I wanted to use them one of them shorted out it's power cable witch made a deasent amout of p...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very cheap buy now...!!!

posted by pyro329 on 02/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap - Possible to use old HDDs again - Has an activity LED
    Cons:
    the through-hole connector pins can touch the case of the attached drive. this shouldn't really be a problem, as drive cases ar...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great

posted by Megalos001 on 01/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Cheap - Possible to use old HDDs again - Has an activity LED
    Cons:
    - Doesn't work well with CD/DVD Drive - Build quality is not perfect
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Converter

posted by wi11ow on 08/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Works well, I got my old IDE disk to work with it rather fast. It also comes with a SATA cable. Just connect the module to the disk and use the cables to connect it to power and the main board.
    Cons:
    The fit was rather tight, I had to press down hard. Also I can see how it might touch the metal on the disk. The build quality ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well, but only on HDD

posted by Speederase on 05/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Fairly sturdy, easy to use, and brainless. Just plug it into the drive, pop in SATA (included) and the floppy power cable and voila - shows up to the computer as a SATA drive!
    Cons:
    Unplugging it feels like it might break, if your drive has a metal casing, you may want to cover the exposed contacts on the bo...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by DragonPoo on 04/27/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works great, the VERY BEST price around, Comes with cables. Both SATA and power cable..
    Cons:
    Back solder points are close to drive, but , not touching (at least in my case) But I could see where the could be a concern to...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great gadget!

posted by Diarto on 02/07/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -It's small -Comes with SATA cable and a power cable converter Molex-Mini molex -Doesn't require any installation what so ever -Works with Windows 7
    Cons:
    -Has an orange LED for connection confirmation, might be an issue for one who's into case modification -Package was alright, b...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    what a steal

posted by emiliogon on 08/02/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - zero config other than cable fiddling - uses a floppy power connector, so you can finally use one of those power supply outputs meant for the floppy no one uses anymore. - comes with cables!
    Cons:
    - the through-hole connector pins can touch the case of the attached drive. this shouldn't really be a problem, as drive cases...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works

posted by tutils on 05/23/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works and it's cheap. It is compact enough to be plugged into any device without interfering. No speed degradation noticed with my CD-RW drive (didn't use it for a real hard-disk though). It requires a 4 pin power cable, which is included with the packag...
    Cons:
    At first the BIOS wouldn't recognize the drive, but after trying all jumper configurations it finally worked with "cable-s...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great!

posted by n4zou on 04/10/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works perfectly! I had an old 30 GiB hard drive just laying around so I plugged this little device where the ribbon cable would have gone and plugged in the power and SATA cables. The BIOS found it as did my Windows and Linux operating systems.
    Cons:
    Be careful of shorting out the 4 power pins. They can touch the metal case of hard drive. I put a little peace of tape on the m...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections