DX  » Community » Reviews » Minix NEO X5 RK3066 Android 4.1 Google TV Player w/ Wi-Fi / TF / 1GB RAM / 16GB ROM / XBMC / US Plug
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:647 (64%)
  • 4 Star:273 (27%)
  • 3 Star:91 (9%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does the Trick!!!

posted by jaha444 on 09/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Good price and has some more memory than similar products, which is always better. Tons of inputs and connectivity, and has played all my MKV movies without a hitch. Nice and small too. Came the quickest of all the products I've ever ordered from DX.
    Cons:
    Can't get the Android app (RKRemote) for remote keyboard to discover the device, so I haven't been able to link up my google ac...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    new and improved

posted by gm4quang on 06/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    this is the improved version of the previously under powered teevee boxes. very happy so far with it. low power consumption, low heat generation (the box has no vent so I can't really tell, but its working fine so far.
    Cons:
    price is still high at $100 us dollars per unit. the box has no vent so I do not know how hot it really is in side.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Media Player

posted by saryes on 06/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Great money to quality ratio. Build quality is solid, doesn't feel cheap. Very light. Device is able to use Google Play and install any video player from there, no problem with any video format you might find in your collection. Great community, if you sear...
    Cons:
    Not all of the device's remote control functions work in all the application. For example, pause and volume do not work in MX P...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    THE Android box to buy. Period!

posted by mihijios on 05/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This little box is the main reason I started shopping at DX. As some famed reviewer put it: why buy a cheaper stick-type Android TV, when you will end up buying a USB hub, an ethernet interface etc? Better get everything you need + the kitchen sink in this ...
    Cons:
    My second unit came with a non-working power supply (I need to post those pictures to ask for a replacement...). Originally, ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best value for $ available

posted by xxdxnz on 04/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    * Android * Small / low power consumption * WiFi / Ethernet * ROM upgradeable * Manufacturer is constantly updating the ROM * App to control unit from your Android phone
    Cons:
    * Remote is small and effectively useless, grab a wireless keyboard
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Tester

posted by midi212 on 03/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good housing Assembly, a neat appearance inspires respect. Unpack generous to the cables of varying degrees of relevance. Instruction in English only and introduces only the basic functions, but the phone menu is in Russian. Without problems has identified ...
    Cons:
    A very long forwarding (50 days). Inside the unit something rolls, I suppose, the excess solder. The remote should be sent to t...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great. after pachting 1080P streaming in xbmc

posted by Martijn.nieuwenhuis@gmail.com on 02/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Its a mini computer. XBMC works great after latest firmware en patch. i would really recommend it! it's my first android device and it's realy easy in use. browsing the internet, watching movies. Playing games.
    Cons:
    Still in development. it needs something like a logitch k400 of a air mouse, like the mele f10. Google play store sucks.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good TV BOX

posted by pckike on 02/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -As a media hub and is excellent tv box. -android operating system with kernel ubuntu Include 1 x Google TV player 1 x US plug power adapter (170cm) 1 x HDMI extension cable (90cm) 1 x USB cable (90cm) 1 x OTG cable (14cm) 1 x IR remote con...
    Cons:
    included wireless control is not easy to use, it is best to use a wireless mouse
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not 16 GB, no NTFS, bad Remote control

posted by kobip on 02/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Small, nice design, fast. Android. Fully cables equipped. I want to give short revie, why to force me 500 characters.
    Cons:
    Stupid and useless remote control. Not 16 GB, only 4 Gb. Not rooted for supporting more than 4 gb files (most HD movies). No su...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I love this

posted by cptnniv on 01/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The best AndroidTV 16 GB capacity, others like MK-808 are 8GB (even less available when the OS is installed). Optical Out Lots of USB slots, if you buy others you'll have to add usb hubs and looks really bad. Looks really good on my living room, like an App...
    Cons:
    The OTG slot is too short and you'll have to peel your cable. No 5.1 output, but it seems an Android issue. Non EU power plug.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections