DX  » Community » Reviews » 001 Bicycle Bike 7-Mode 5-LED Red Light Tail Warning Safety Light - Red + Black (2 x AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Decent enough light for the price – 001 Bicycle Bike 7-Mode 5-LED Red Light Tail Warning Safety Light - Red + Black (2 x AA) Reviews

posted by gdfgdfgdfg on 05/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Takes AA batteries, I have loads of rechargeable AA batteries, but no AAA. Hard to find decent tail lights that take AA.
Cons:
Not as bright as I expected it to be, but it's good enough to be seen well enough. The plastic mounts are a bit fragile, I've already had one break (admittedly when the bike fell over, but it wasn't moving so there was no momentum).
Other:
I bought 3 of these, one mount has already broken, and one light didn't work when I unpacked it - I had to pull it apart and fiddle to get it going. Unlike other lights I've gotten though DX, the power button works reliably, and they stay powered on over bumps, etc.
Bottomline:
These are a decent enough light for the price point. I will be buying more. I keep one on my helmut, one on my bike and one on my back pack. I'd buy one or two more than you need to replace out broken parts.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections