Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day
* It looks nice with a kind of black graphite-ish layer.
* It's very thin. More so than I had anticipated.
* Flush fitting. Not so tight you really have to push hard, and not so lose than it can fall out of the USB port.
* Reading speed is higher than reported, with an average of 36 MB/s.
* If it's on a key chain, you won't notice that it's actually a USB drive until you see the contacts, and even then most people wouldn't recognise it as being one.
* Contacts are unprotected, but this was clearly visible on the provided picture and makes it thinner.
* If it's on your key chain together with other keys, and you stick it in your computer's USB port, it bends.
* There's a thin line visible on the side (wow, what a disaster, don't you think? :P)
* It's rather slow (the writing speed is abysmal), but this was reported in the product description. Just though I'd mention it for people who aren't that technical. Copying a movie onto this thing is going to take a really long time.
I ran a benchmark on it. These are the results;
* Minimum read rate: 21.3 MB/s
* Maximum read rate: 38.2 MB/s
* Average read rate: 36.3 MB/s
* Minimum write rate: 1.2 MB/s
* Maximum write rate: 14.7 MB/s
* Average write rate: 2.2 MB/s
* Average access time: 0.7 ms
It's not expensive, and if you put it on your key chain it doesn't get in the way. If you need a USB drive to put small files on (big ones will take too long to copy) and carry around with you everywhere, this seems like a good choice.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.