DX  » Community » Reviews » Thickening Slide-out Standing Bluetooth V3.0 51-Key Keyboard Hard Case for Iphone 5 - Black + Silver
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Sturdy and inexpensive – Thickening Slide-out Standing Bluetooth V3.0 51-Key Keyboard Hard Case for iPhone 5 - Black + Silver Reviews

posted by hsulace on 05/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
No one had posted any reviews when I bought this so this was sort of a plunge, but seeing as it was relatively inexpensive, I thought: Why not? Connected perfectly without any trouble, had it up and running (after charging it like the quick guide says to) in about a minute. Easy as pie. You can detach the part that fits around the iPhone with the keyboard by sliding downwards (in case you want to take a picture or something), and it's not sticky or delicate feeling when you detach it, feels very strong. All the keys were functioning and they don't feel cheap (sometimes on here when you buy an inexpensive keyboard, the keys have to pressed extra hard sometimes for it to recognize a function). Connects to Blutrol (a cydia application for controlling wireless keyboards). Can be lifted so the screen is at an angle, I bought this one specifically so I could view movies without holding it in my hand all the time. Keyboard is backlit and has a key to turn on or off.
Cons:
A bit bulky would be my only complaint. If you know you won't be using the keyboard, you may as well detach the skin from the keyboard and just use that. Personally, I keep it in my jacket pocket but I can see how tight jeans will have a difficult time.
Other:
I picked this other other iPhone 5 keyboard cases solely because of the ability to lean the screen at an angle of your choosing and be able to detach the skin from the keyboard. There are others that don't have the option and are, I believe, two or three dollars cheaper (USD).
Bottomline:
Get this if you want a cheap but robust skin and keyboard for your iPhone. But only if you need the tilt screen or the ability to detach, otherwise stick with the cheaper alternatives.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections