DX  » Community » Reviews » Gonbes G05-A 3D Active Shutter IR & Bluetooth Glasses for TV - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Really good second/backup glasses – Gonbes G05-A 3D Active Shutter IR & Bluetooth Glasses for TV - Black Reviews

posted by Mario92 on 02/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Works fine with panasonic bluetooth model. Haven't been able to test other models but I'm almost certain they do work. Becouse of bluetooth/ir combo they should also work with other/future TV models. - Price is definitly great as official glasses are 4 times more expensive which is main reason to get these ones instead. - Comes with pouch and cleaner which didn't come with official Panasonic glasses. - Glass surface is protected in package as official ones weren't for some reason.
Cons:
- Manual is written in engrish so I had trouble connecting bluetooth but I guess it's done by holding down power for 20 seconds for first time. - image through glasses are bit yellow but won't be noticeable after a while or messing with TV settings. - This one may only effect my TV model but there are some noticeable ghosting with high contrast change parts of picture. With smaller 3D effect it's OK.
Other:
- Extra micro USB cable is always welcome. - TV doesn't tell battery stats or signal but they are indicated with glasses led. - There aren't that many 3D sources available and 2D->3D isn't that great so you most likely end up using these only with some 3D BD movies and random youtube videos.
Bottomline:
If you have 3D capable TV you should definitly get these for random 3D watching. If you want perfect 3D image get one of official manufacturer glasses with less ghosting and yellow but be aware of price difference.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections