DX  » Community » Reviews » Motion Activated 6-LED Camping Security Lamp (3-Meter Sensitivity)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:738 (73%)
  • 4 Star:273 (27%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice lamp for everyday anc for camping too!

posted by DreyT on 07/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    CHeap, useful, handy, nice for camping, I think (didn't tried yet). I'm using it for my dog, - he stays@home in the dark room from time to time, and if he moves, lamp lights-up and he can see something)
    Cons:
    It really doesn't want to work proper when it set to lowest sensitivity (darkest). It lights-up even if it's not dark and ligh...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Better than expected.. with a few flaws!

posted by CoolJ78 on 05/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is great. Does what it says. The light stays on for some seconds. It has a motion detector for that. You can adjust the time the light stays on, you can adjust the detector sensitivity (if it is daylight not to work), you can also set it off. It has a ...
    Cons:
    The base except that can be wall mounted it has magnets inside. The 4 magnets are so small and weak that cannot hold the unit i...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great useful device and long battery life!

posted by scramblepad on 04/14/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is one of the many LED operated device I own and I am a hiker and use led devices all the time. This little guy is great for inside my tent. It takes 4 AAA but will run on 2 AAA. The problem here is that if you run it on only 2 AAA it won't last as lon...
    Cons:
    Timing is wrong. Recommend leaving it on the longest time period and then it only stays on for about 45 seconds
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice product and very efficient

posted by eyalz on 03/28/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very efficient gadget! Uses standard AAA batteries which are very cheap and you can get them anywhere Many adjustments - i.e. brightness of LEDs, duration of activity (20 to 90 seconds) and more Really cheap (of course it would be nice if it were cheaper) L...
    Cons:
    Please remove a $1-$2 off the price... The batteries I used (4 AAAs) run out after several days of use The magnets used are not...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple, effective and cool closet lamp

posted by brakar on 07/17/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The motion sensor works perfectly both in a lit room and in almost total darkness. You can select 20, 60 or 90 seconds delay before it turns off.
    Cons:
    I had to set it to the brightest level to get the kind of light I needed. I imagine this will eat batteries, but I havent used ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Hand light for anywhere!

posted by scoobth on 07/17/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - You can adjust the brightness - You can adjust how long the light stays on for - You can adjust at what level of darkness the light will auto activate on - You can easily mount it with the backplate and some screws - There are magnets in the backplate to ...
    Cons:
    - Build quality is not supurb but the price makes up for that as per usual
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent!

posted by drzonca2 on 05/14/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Good range for motion detection. - Adjustable brightness. - Adjustable threshold of light sensor. - Auto-off feature, can be set to turn off after 20, 60 or 90 seconds, or light continuously. - Quite cheap. It is a bit cheaper than similar sku.3156. - Can...
    Cons:
    - AA batteries would probably last much longer.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bright light, bright light !!! :-)

posted by Watje4 on 04/16/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright leds which provide enough light to actually see things in a hallway by night for example Works pretty long on a set of batteries. We've been using ours i think now for
    Cons:
    It uses AAA batteries. AA would have been better and cheaper. Then again, it does pretty long off a set of AAA, so who cares :-...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    sweet little light fot the right price.

posted by Turbo_E on 03/14/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    this little light rocks. i put it in a hallway where i have no outlets for plug in style night lights. several settings for how long the light stays on when triggered. also sensitivity the amount of ambient light. EG keeps light off when its bright out to s...
    Cons:
    kinda ugly heh. no real cons. AA batteries would be more useful than using 4 AAA's
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for household

posted by Siloraks on 03/04/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Does the job like it should. Good build qulity.
    Cons:
    Mine doesn't want to work in setings like "light-up only in total dark". Then it starts to turn on/off automatically ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections