DX  » Community » Reviews » Customizable Text Handheld LED Message Display Cooling Fan Gadget (3*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Good, except for the interface. – Customizable Text Handheld LED Message Display Cooling Fan Gadget (3*AA) Reviews

posted by degoe on 12/15/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The fan gives a bright clear message, unlike the vague one you see in the photo posted.
Cons:
First of all I had some problems with putting in the batteries. If I only removed the regular lid of the battery case I could not properly insert the batteries since I would bend the little springs on the - end. And as many have said before me the program button doesn't work properly. I haven't been able to program even one successful message, because halfway through, or earlier, the button switches to the function of the top one and won't switch back.
Other:
I've read that putting in fully charged batteries might solve the problem of the program button. I have yet to try that, since the batteries I put in were rechargable batteries which had been laying around for a while already.
Bottomline:
You get what you paid for: a cheap product with a crappy and malfunctioning interface. But if you actually manage to get the message in you get a good quality result.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections