DX  » Community » Reviews » Customizable Text Handheld LED Message Display Cooling Fan Gadget (3*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Awersome Gadget – Customizable Text Handheld LED Message Display Cooling Fan Gadget (3*AA) Reviews

posted by BrunoDPO on 12/18/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
+ Bright leds so it can be seen even with the lights on.
+ It work as a cooling fan too! (many people forget to see this 'function').
+ Very fun toy to play with, give it as a gift or for use as a decorative gadget.
+ It comes with an english/french manual, explaining how it works.
Cons:
- As many people said, it's difficult to press the buttons to program. I had to open it and align the rubber buttons with the board, but after a while it misaligned again.
Other:
* It's not difficult to fix the con mentioned above, you just need to think a way to fix the buttons to the board so they won't misalign.
* The fan's body color may vary. Mine is orange, not blue like that one in the photos. It's not a pro or a con, it's just a matter of taste...
Bottomline:
It's really an original gadget, difficult (I would say impossible?) to find anywhere else and it's very amazing. Although there are some cons raised like the build quality, I think it's worth the buy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections