DX  » Community » Reviews » L22 Cree XP-E Q5 White Light Bike Flashlight + Tail Safety Light - Red
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great bike light! – L22 Cree XP-E Q5 White Light Bike Flashlight + Tail Safety Light - Red Reviews

posted by mbrasha on 02/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Really bright light. Rear light has 7 modes (6 types of flashing and 1 constant). Front light is removable and can be used as hand light. Again it is really bright for this kind of money. Front light is aluminim alloy and can be disassembled (4 parts + battery holder + lens). Focus is fixed BUT it can be changed with little trick (I put rubber circular seal between lens and body). When you screw it together rubber seal makes it focus wider (and obviously changing thickness of seal you will make it focus wider even more). You can even devise some kind of spring between and make it really useful.
Cons:
End quality. Plastic of rear light is scratched (does not influence working or brightness in any way). Rear mount is philips screw mounted. Front mount will wobble a bit on shaking (they made it so you can turn on couple of fixed positions but joint will wobble since it has some play in it). Lens is scratched a bit (again does not influence light in any way I can see). Generally it is bike addon so it will go out and stuff will hit it (branches, mud etc..) so I don't mind this much but when you get something new you expect it to be pristine (or as close as possible).
Other:
I will need to drive it a bit. I don't know how much will battery hold (2 for rear and 3 for front AAA's). Front light is a bit heavy (108g with batteries and w/out holder). Rear light is light and plastic.
Bottomline:
I feel like it is a bargain. I got solid torchlight and bike lights! How much will batteries last?

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections