DX  » Community » Reviews » SingFire SF-536 Cree XM-L T6 800lm 3-Mode White Zooming Headlamp - Black + Silver (2 x 18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Reasonably Bright but really cheap – SingFire SF-536 Cree XM-L T6 800lm 3-Mode White Zooming Headlamp - Black + Silver (2 x 18650) Reviews

posted by Spydey on 02/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
Reasonably bright; clicky button works well. Feels great while wearing; best headstrap I have had on! Zoom function can be useful.
Cons:
Light is blueish and cold (nothing like Magicshine products). It is brighter than my Ultrafire 250 lumen flashlight, nowhere near 800 lumens. Square spot beam pattern is strange and not level with the horizon, but doesn't affect brightness. Beware!! While charging the 2400mAh 18650's, once charger light turned green; checked batteries for heat. Both batteries got quite hot! One got so hot, it partially melted the blue plastic covering and gave off a smell like a burnt electric motor. Never leave unattended while charging! Buy a cheap charger (SKU 13820 for example) and be nicer to your 18650's and your headlamp's battery case! Using the included charging system will likely reduce the life expectancy of your headlamp and greatly reduce the life expectancy of your 18650's! Don't use it!! Still a good light!
Other:
I was hoping for a "Magicshine" level of quality. Don't look for it here. Not even the same ballpark. That explains the price.
Bottomline:
I like it other than the absolute worst and dangerous Mickey Mouse charging system that I have ever encountered with Chinese LED lights.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections